NIKWAX FOOTWEAR CLEANING GEL 125ml
SAFE CLEANER FOR WATERPROOF & SPORTS SHOES
The safe cleaner for all waterproof outdoor and sports footwear.
Cleans safely, revitalises breathability and water repellency.
Why breathability depends upon water repellency...
Breathable waterproof footwear is most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer fabric or leather absorbs water, the breathability of the footwear will be reduced. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of your footwear must be maintained to ensure comfort. Through use, the outer surface of footwear will pick up contaminants, such as dirt, which attract water, masking the effect of any DWR coating. Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ will remove contaminants and revitalise DWR.
Waterproof footwear needs to be breathable...
When you’re active and wearing footwear, your socks draw moisture away from your feet, keeping them dry. However, if your footwear absorbs water and ‘wets out’ its breathability will be reduced. Moisture vapour will not be able to escape through the material, so your feet will feel clammy and wet.
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ will revitalise the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) preventing water absorption, maintaining breathability and keeping your feet dry and comfortable.
Breathable waterproof footwear is for active, outdoor people...
Anyone who is active outside in damp or wet conditions will benefit from breathable waterproof footwear. Whether you’re a mountaineer, cyclist, dog walker, or you work outside as a farmer or surveyor, you will need good footwear.
Use Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ when your waterproof footwear soaks up water...
Your waterproof footwear could be soaking up water just because it is dirty. Through use, the outer surface of footwear will pick up contaminants, such as dirt, which attract water. This masks the effect of any Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coating, leading to footwear 'wetting out' in wet or damp conditions. Cleaning waterproof footwear with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ will not only remove contaminants, such as dirt, but also revitalise DWR, causing water to bead on the outer surface once more.
Make sure you clean with the right product...
Conventional footwear cleaners leave behind a water attractive (hydrophilic) residue which masks the Durable Water Repellency (DWR), causing footwear materials to absorb water and ‘wet out’ in damp or wet conditions. Therefore they need to be avoided when cleaning waterproof footwear.
Use Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ to thoroughly clean your waterproof footwear safely, revitalise DWR and breathability.
You don't need to re-waterproof every time you clean...
Regular cleaning will enhance the performance of your footwear by removing water attracting (hydrophilic) dirt and other contaminants picked up when out and about. Cleaning using Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ will revitalise the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of your footwear, causing water to bead on the outer surface. When Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ alone does not revitalise the DWR of your footwear it’s time to re-waterproof using the appropriate Nikwax footwear waterproofer.
How Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ maintains the breathability of your waterproof footwear...
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ is a highly effective cleaner which has been specifically designed and optimised for breathable waterproof footwear.
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ is a safe product to use on breathable waterproof footwear as it does not leave water attracting (hydrophilic) residues, which lead to fabric and leather absorbing water and 'wetting out'. Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ removes water absorbent dirt and stains picked up during use; this revitalises Durable Water Repellency (DWR) and causes water to bead on the outer surface.
Regular cleaning with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ will revitalise existing DWR and revive breathability of your footwear, keeping your feet dry and comfortable.
Like all Nikwax products, Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ is safe to use...
Nikwax takes great care to minimise the effect of Nikwax products on the environment and on you, the consumer. Nikwax avoids materials in its cleaners like palm oil, that has been sourced from unsustainable plantations. Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ is environmentally friendly; it is non-hazardous, WaterBased and biodegradable.
People who use Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ say that it does the job...
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ is the product of choice of professional Outdoor trainers.
To find out more about people who are using Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™, and other Nikwax products, take a look at our testimonials page (coming soon).
Apply Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ by hand...
Recommended for Gore-Tex®, eVENT® & SympaTex® footwear.
- Rinse item with clean water to remove loose mud and to dampen surface.
- Shake well before use. Press sponge applicator to break seal.
- Apply generously over the area to be cleaned.
- If very dirty scrub with a stiff nylon brush (e.g. nail brush).
- Rinse well with clean water.
- If required, apply appropriate Nikwax® WaterBased waterproofing or conditioner while footwear is damp.
Note: Colour may run, test on a hidden area first.
Always allow footwear to dry naturally...
- Leave footwear to dry at room temperature.
- Paper can be stuffed into the toes to absorb excess moisture, this should be replaced when wet.
- Keep footwear away from fires and radiators, drying too quickly can crack leather and cause bonded soles to peel
- As we have multiple selling platforms there may be times where we will need to order more stock from our suppliers.
- A short delay by up to a week may be experienced in dispatching your order. We will do everything we can to stop this from happening, however in some cases this may be out of our control.
- If there is any issues with supply, colours, sizing, etc, we will let you know at the earliest convenience. An exchange or refund will be offered.
- You may receive an email stating that your order has been dispatched however this may not be the case if we need to order the item in. Your order will be put into our Highest Priority Orders for dispatch as soon as the item arrives.
- We ask you to take this notice into consideration before purchasing.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Squizzys Online users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.